Dr Rod Hughes
Consultant Respiratory Physician
QualificationsMBChB, DM, MBA, FRCPE
Main NHS base:
Northern General Hospital
- President of Sheffield Breathe Easy Patients Group
- BUPA Registered Provider
Respiratory Consultancy Ltd
Scope of Practice:
- Investigation & management of breathlessness
- Investigation & management of cough
- Asthma & chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Lung blood clots (Pulmonary Embolism)
- Sleep apnoea (snoring and breathing difficulties during sleep)
- Cardiopulmonary exercise testing
Training & background:
Dr Hughes is a New Zealand trained Respiratory Physician who has been working in the NHS since 2002, now with a private practice at Claremont.
He has worked in several international renowned hospitals in the UK and participtaed in developing National Guidelines, undertaking extensive research in the fields of airways disease, exercise testing and lung blood circulation.
He has recently completed an MBA in Quality Improvement and is focusing on providing new and innovative ways of providing high quality care to patients.
When not working, Dr Hughes enjoys spending time with his family, skiing, playing tennis, running and seeing what the world has to offer.
Please note these are regular clinics, other times may be available by appointment
M: Monthly sessions A: Consulting alternative weeks A/H: Ad Hoc