Mr Michael Edwards
Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon
QualificationsMBChB, FRCS (Ed), FRCS (Orth)
Main NHS base:
Bassett Law General Hospital
Scope of Practice:
- Orthopaedic surgery - hands, hip, knee
- Arthroscopic knee and hand surgery
- Low contact stress total knee replacement
- Primary hip and knee replacements (cemented and uncemented)
- Advanced internal fixation techniques for the hand and wrist
- Extensive trauma and reconstructive surgerical experience
- Hand surgery for Dupuytren's disease
- General hip or knee problems
- Medico-legal work including personal injury and negligence
Training & background:
Mr Edwards is a Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon at Bassett Law General Hospital, with a private practice at Claremont.
Mr Michael Edwards is a Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon with a subspecialty interest in hand surgery as well as trauma, hips and knees. He graduated from Sheffield and completed his post-graduate training in Oxford. Mr Edwards has gained a wealth of experience over the years, including a stint with 34 Field Hospital in Basra between March & June 2003. Mr Edwards is also an expert in combat trauma.
Mr Edwards has been medical expert for a number of cutting edge programmes including National Geographic's The Perfect Weapon in 2008, Mummy Forensics on the History Channel in 2008/9, Inside the Body of Henry VIII and Mythbusters - The Man in the Iron Mask in 2009.
Mr Edwards will appear on a Channel 5 documentary in January 2015 as a medical expert and is publishing a book which is to be released in 2016.
Please note these are regular clinics, other times may be available by appointment
M: Monthly sessions A: Consulting alternative weeks A/H: Ad Hoc
Are you insured?
We welcome patients with private medical insurance and are recognised by all major health insurers.
Find out more
We welcome patients wishing to pay-as-they-go for treatment and offer a wide range of medical services and procedures.
Find out more