About Claremont Private Hospital
OUR STORY SO FAR
Claremont Private Hospital was set up by the Sisters of Our Lady of Mercy, a religious institute located in Ireland in 1831, moving to Sheffield in 1883. The original hospital was opened in 1921 and was situated close to the city centre on Claremont Place, a site where the Royal Hallamshire Hospital now stands. In 1953, Claremont Private Hospital moved to its present location at Crosspool, South West Sheffield.
Today, now part of the Aspen Healthcare Group, we are a successful private hospital encompassing most medical specialties as well as diagnostic imaging, physiotherapy, onsite pathology and pharmacy. We work hard to protect our reputation for excellence and enjoy local relationships with both patients and companies alike, providing all manner of healthcare services.
We are welcomed and recognised by all private health insurers and our self-funding prices have recently been reviewed to ensure we remain competitively and fairly priced for those without health insurance.
Care Quality Commission page on Claremont Private Hospital